[IDV #FDO-882941]: (Re-) Creating an IDV compatible netcdf point file

Dave,

Over time, I have gotten pretty good at fixing ppls netCDF files and making them
CF compliant. I'll get back to you shortly -- hopefully in the next day or two.

The fact that you had it working before is promising and hopefully just requires
a few tweaks.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> IDV Support,
>
> I have been using IDV for some time to visualize streamflow data from our
> hydro model (WRF-Hydro).  We have, in the past created a working, point
> netcdf data file that allows us to visualize streamflow at various points
> in a model domain using the file (201511190000.CHRTOUT_DOMAIN2_working.nc)
> below.
>
> As part of a larger modeling project we have created a new output file
> which had to strip out a lot of the supplemental, redundant data in our
> existing files for native model output. I have been attempting to re-create
> the supporting data and proper format from the working file as a model post
> process.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to successfully recreate the
> proper structure yet and am stumped at the format in the file ?
> 201510010000.CHRTOUT_DOMAIN1_test1_not_working.nc
> <https://drive.google.com/a/ucar.edu/file/d/0B27jTgncDiX1eU9DT2RqSllkUDg/view?usp=drive_web>
> ??
> 201511190000.CHRTOUT_DOMAIN2_working.nc
> <https://drive.google.com/a/ucar.edu/file/d/0B27jTgncDiX1UG5ieVBLTjdnWkk/view?usp=drive_web>
> ?(201510010000.CHRTOUT_DOMAIN1_not working).  I thought I had the necessary
> information in this file to load into IDV but its clear I do not. The file
> will load, but instead of displaying one time at multiple lat/lon
> locations, this file attempts to have several times at a single latitude
> band at a time.
>
> Can you advise on what the problem is with the 'not_working' file and how I
> can alter it to create an IDV compatible, single time, multiple location
> display?  BTW, if it is easier, I'm happy to walk over to FL4 from FL2 to
> discuss.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Gochis

Ticket ID: FDO-882941