[IDD #KUZ-345745]: TDWR .nids file format question

Brian,

Although the IDV is not the best data conversion tool, it will work in this
case, I believe.

Once displayed, click on the "control" of the radar display (the SLC radar link
under the Legend on the right side in the view).

At that point, you will be in the control in the dashboard where you can go to
File -> Save -> Export Displayed Data to netCDF.

Although, this may not be a standards compliant netCDF, it should work.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> I'm downloading TDWR radial velocities from the Salt Lake City location
> http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/terminal/level3/TV0/SLC/20160203/catalog.html
>
> Each file is in .nids format. I'm able to view the files in IDV, but I'm
> trying to convert it to netcdf. I've tried using RadX to convert, but
> haven't been successful. Any ideas how I can make the conversion?
>
> Thanks for you help!
>
> <http://kbkb-wx.blogspot.com/> *Brian Blaylock*
> MS/PhD Candidate
> Atmospheric Science