[IDV #ZYC-601489]: Trying to make Wind Barbs from U and V components

Brian,

Can you upload your data to

and let us know when it is there?

You should just be able to plot your vectors by selecting the correct field
under "derived" in the "Field Selector" in the IDV dashboard. You should see a
"True Wind Vectors" option there.

If not there, it is possible you may have to set a parameter alias to have it
recognize the U and V.

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/AliasEditor.html

Either way, let us know.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Matt Muscato
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.2\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Creating display: Wind Barb Plan View 1
>
> I created a map with sea heights color shaded and pressure contoured in
> a sold black line. I wanted to plot wind barbs over this from my U and
> V components but it's failing to plot the wind barbs. I'm not sure if
> I'm doing something wrong but I'm going into the Formulas and picking
> "Speed from 2 components" then picking my u component for my x and the
> v component for my v.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> at ucar.visad.display.FlowDisplayable.setFlowMaps(FlowDisplayable.java:606)
> at ucar.visad.display.FlowDisplayable.setType(FlowDisplayable.java:876)
> at ucar.visad.display.FlowDisplayable.loadData(FlowDisplayable.java:803)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.loadDataAtLevel(PlanViewControl.java:1266)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.loadDataAtLevel(PlanViewControl.java:1176)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.setData(PlanViewControl.java:720)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.FlowPlanViewControl.setData(FlowPlanViewControl.java:275)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.init(PlanViewControl.java:489)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1402)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1085)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:986)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:911)

Ticket ID: ZYC-601489
Department: Support IDV