[IDV #OGJ-545964]: Plotting wind on isosurface

Alexandra,

If I understand correctly, you wish to drape streamlines or wind vectors over an
isentropic isosurface (e.g., theta).

To my knowledge, the best you can do here is *color* the isosurface by, say,
wind
speed. Choose “isosurface colored by another parameter”, in the IDV Dashboard,
Field Selector.

In addition, if you select wind vectors under derived quantities in the Field
Selector, there are a variety of options for plotting vectors and eventually
streamlines. Also examine the Displays panel to see what display types are
available (including 3D display types), also in the Field Selector for wind
vectors.

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/controls/FlowPlanViewControl.html

Let us know if that helps.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>

> On IDV, how can I plot the following variables on an isentropic surface:
>
> 1. Montgomery streamfunction
>
> 2. vector winds
>

> Thank you.
>

> -Alexandra O'Brien