[IDV #ZCS-923814]: Plotting Wave Directions

Matt,

It is definitely possible to make this easier for your end user by creating an
IDV plugin on their behalf, once you have done the hard work. In this case, go
to Tools --> Plugin Creator. In the Plugin Creator dialog, go to the File -> Add
File menu item. (At this point, you should be in the .unidata\idv\DefaultIDV
folder.) Add aliases.xml and derived.xml to capture the work we have done thus
far. Then you will want to write the plugin to a file -- something like
"wave.jar".  I believe, the ".jar" extension is important.

At this point you can tell your users to install the plugin via the Tools -->
Plugin Manager. Go to File -> Install Plugin From File.

In addition, you could have your wave.jar plugin on the web somewhere for your
users and tell them to install it via Install Plugin From URL.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: ZCS-923814
Department: Support IDV