[IDV #EHD-488664]: grids of wind vector plots with missing value flags

Hi Robert,

Here is at least one way to this. See the attached NCML that correctly defines
the correct "missing_value" attribute which is the root of the problem here.

You will have to change the path to the location of your data file in the NCML.

Sometimes NCML is not the optimal choice for a variety of reasons so let us know
if that works for you (or properly define the missing_value attribute in the
original
data).

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Robert Aune
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.3\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: I'm plotting wind vectors on a grid that contains a
> missing value flag (-999).  Is there a way to skip plotting the vectors at
> the missing value grid points?

Ticket ID: EHD-488664
Department: Support IDV