[IDV #YYJ-216056]: MSG Navigation inverted along Scan-Axis

> Dear Sir
> Thanks for the globe view suggestion. I am aware of that.
> Display seems to be down only in IDV because the way the projection box is
> built. otherwise if you just see the variable as image
> using toolsUI it quite OK (I mean its NOT upside down).
> AFAIK, John Caron Sir fixed similar issue for geostationary projection
> (ucar.unidata.geoloc.projection.sat.Geostationary) reported by me.
> Although I never got a chance to test it.
> Seems like ucar.unidata.geoloc.projection.sat.MSGNavigation class needs
> similar treatment.
> I could have helped you telling exactly the commit that he did for
> Geostationary class
> but unfortunately the jira bug tracking site
> (https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS) seems to be down.
>
> Has it been migrated to some other link.
> Interestingly that commit is not being visible in the history of that class
> in github. Is it that commit was done some other branch?
> It was done long time back (may be more than a year or two old).
> You can check with him.
> regards
> Ghansham
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 20:12, Unidata IDV Support  wrote:Dear Sir
>
> I have uploaded "3DIMG_13MAR2017_0530_L1B_STD_4.nc" file.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Hi Ghansham,

The satellite imagery dataset normally starts from the upper left conner, and
the gridded dataset starts from lower left. We all know this is why you have
the upside down result.
The quick and best solution I am thinking is to write an Jython code to modify
the dataset (it should be 10 lines code if you are better than writing "hello
world") and create a plugin to define
this special gridded dataset. Waiting for the CDM library to make the change
will take  a while.

Yuan

> Hi Ghansham,
>
> To summarize, the display seems to be simply upside down. The netCDF-Java
> library is indeed a good place to start looking, perhaps in the classes that
> deal with projections. While I dig into this problem, there is a quick
> workaround. Plot the image on the globe view. See attached.
>
> Best,
>
> Unidata IDV Support
>
> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: YYJ-216056
> Department: Support IDV
> Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
> web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this
> way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: YYJ-216056
Department: Support IDV