[IDV #XXM-526250]: IDV Not Launching

Hi Cody,

I think we should be able to revive the IDV, but I want to do so in a manner
that does not lose the formula work you may have done.

There is probably something wrong in your /Users/Cody/.unidata directory.

As a first step, move your /Users/Cody/.unidata folder (call it something like
.unidata.bak). Don't delete it because you may have formulas therein you wish to
keep.

Also the IDV comes with its own version of Java so you should not have to do
anything there. In fact, mucking with Java may make the situation worse.

Now try to start the IDV. What happens?

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> I have been working with model data and have been saving several
> design bundles and formulas. I have launched and used it several times
> in the past week. Then after I finish about everything I need to do
> design/formula wise, it randomly stops working.
>
> I've tried re-installing IDV, re-installing Java and both do not work. It
> said it is missing a 3D map build from UCAR. I also went in to the
> command window and this was all I could find error wise:
>
> // Williams-iMac:~ Cody$ /Users/Cody/Desktop/IDV_5.4/runIDV ; exit;
>
> /Users/Cody/Desktop/IDV_5.4/runIDV: line 64:
> java.lang.NullPointerException: command not found
>
> /Users/Cody/Desktop/IDV_5.4/runIDV: eval: line 65: syntax error near
> unexpected token `('
>
> /Users/Cody/Desktop/IDV_5.4/runIDV: eval: line 65: ` at
> ucar.unidata.xml.XmlEncoder.getObjectFromId(XmlEncoder.java:904)'
>
> IDV failed to start. Please contact address@hidden //
>
> Anyway, any help would be appreciated as I'm still new to a lot of this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cody

Ticket ID: XXM-526250
Department: Support IDV