[IDV #LST-600170]: Accessing nomads server

> Dear,
>
> I am writing to inquire about means for accessing NOMADS GFS (Global
> Forecast System) data through the Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) platform.
>
> We require access directly from the NOMADS server, due to the recent
> troubleshootings in the UCAR server, and, unfortunately, we are unfamiliar
> with the specific steps and procedures involved in retrieving this data via
> IDV.
>
> Your guidance and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you for your attention to this request. I look forward to your prompt
> response.
>
> Sincerely,
> Fernando Frassetto

Hi Fernando,

In the https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/ site, any dataset with OpenDAP access can
be loaded to the IDV (attached images).
The difference between these datasets and Unidata TDS server is that nomads
doesn't provide relative time and
aggregation. So you need to figure out a way to point the IDV bundle to
difference dataset every time you see the new
model output.

Let me know if you  need further helps.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LST-600170
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.