19991206: FSL netCDF profiler to McIDAS MD converter

>From: address@hidden

Hongming,

>Could you tell if you have profiler data in MD format, which is McIDAS
>format? Or do you have relative decode program from profiler data format
>BURF to McIDAS format?

We provide our sites with a routine that convert FSL wind profiler data
in netCDF format to McIDAS MD format.  You can get profiler data from
FSL in netCDF format, so this may help you out.

The package of software that can be used to do the conversion is
referred to as ldm-mcidas.  It is freely available from our FTP server,
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu, by anonymous FTP.  Binary distributions are
available under pub/binary for selected platforms (the file you will
need will be named ldm-mcidas.tar.Z in the appropriate subdirectory) or
in source form from pub/ldm-mcidas.  If you decide to grab the source
code, you will need to have the netCDF and LDM software packages
installed to build it since the decoder, proftomd, links against
these.  These packages are also freely available by anonymous FTP from
the same server.  The netCDF package can be found in pub/netcdf; the
LDM package can be found in pub/LDM5.

>Thanks,

I hope that this helps you out.

>Hongming Qi