20000824: Strange ROUTE entries after sounder data (cont.)

>From: "Thomas L. Mote" <address@hidden>

Tom,

re: setting up the Bourne shell script, batch.k

>OK. Believe it or not, I did know that.

Sorr, I just wanted to make sure that we were not missing something
really simple.

>I should have
>included in my original message that I also moved the
>batch.k to ~ldm/decoders/bin directory, added the to user
>ldm's path and changed the batch.k file to match my
>directory structure.

Excellent.

re: no space to run McIDAS programs
>OK. I just deleted all of the GRID files for the time
>being. This issue will be resolved in a couple of days when
>I move the external disk drive over. I was just able to
>reach sirocco remotely from my PC, so you should be able to
>telnet in as well if you still want to.

OK.  I am on your machine and see see your ROUTE.SYS file getting corrupted.
I can only believe that this is being done by pnga2area.

I first suspected a big-endian/little-endian problem, but I reassured myself
that this was not the problem after looking at our ingest setup on
a Solaris x86 box.  On that machine, ROUTE.SYS is getting updated correctly
and PostProcesses are setup to run with no problems.

I am now suspecting a different bug in pnga2area.  Here is what I did:

o after noticing that your routing table was not setup for the CIMSS
  stuff I FTPed CIMSS.BAT from the pub/mcidas directory on our FTP
  server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu (anonymous FTP).

o I created a local copy of DROUTE.BAT like I advise in my McIDAS installation
  docuemnts:

  cd ~mcidas/data
  cp DROUTE.BAT LROUTE.BAT

o I added the contents of CIMSS.BAT to the end of LROUTE.BAT

o I remade your routing table:

  cd ~mcidas/workdata
  batch.k LROUTE.BAT

o since you made a comment about compositing not being done, I knew that
  you did want to run the compositing ROUTE PostProcess BATCH files.
  To enable this, I RELeased the routing table entries for the composite
  products:

  cd ~mcidas/workdata
  route.k REL CI CV CW
  route.k REL N

After waiting around for a few minutes, I see that CIMSS data has come in
and ROUTE.SYS has been correctly updated:

[mcidas@sirocco ~/workdata]$ route.k LIST C
S Pd         Description         Range       Last      Received  Post Process C
- -- ------------------------- --------- ------------ ---------- ------------ -
  CA Cloud Top Pressure        1100-1109 AREA1100     00237 1815 CTP.BAT      3
  CB Precipitable Water        1110-1119     none        none    PW.BAT       3
  CC Sea Sfc. Temperature      1120-1129     none        none    SST.BAT      3
  CD Lifted Index              1130-1139     none        none    LI.BAT       3
  CE CAPE                      1140-1149     none        none    CAPE.BAT     3
  CF Ozone                     1150-1159     none        none    OZONE.BAT    3
  CI GOES-E/W IR Composite       80-89       none        none        none     3
  CV GOES-E/W VIS Composite      90-99       none        none        none     3
  CW GOES-E/W H2O Composite      70-79       none        none        none     3
route.k: Done

[mcidas@sirocco ~/workdata]$ route.k LIST U
S Pd         Description         Range       Last      Received  Post Process C
- -- ------------------------- --------- ------------ ---------- ------------ -
  U1 Antarctic IR Composite     190-199      none        none        none     3
  U2 FSL2 hourly wind profiler  default      none        none        none     3
  U3 Manually Digitized Radar   200-209      none        none    MDR.BAT      3
  U5 GOES-West US IR Band 4     130-139  AREA0130     00237 1819 GW-IR.BAT    3
  U6 FSL2 6-minute Wind profil  default      none        none        none     3
  U9 GOES-West US Visible       120-129  AREA0120     00237 1819 GW-VIS.BAT   3
  UA Educational Floater I      160-169      none        none        none     3
  UB GOES-West US Water Vapor   170-179  AREA0170     00237 1817 GW-WV.BAT    3
  UC Educational Floater II      60-69       none        none        none     3
  UI GOES-East US IR Band 4     150-159      none        none    GE-IR.BAT    3
  UR Research Floater           180-189      none        none        none     3
  US Undecoded SAO Data         default      none        none        none     1
  UV GOES-East US Visible       140-149      none        none    GE-VIS.BAT   3
  UW GOES-East US Water Vapor   210-219      none        none    GE-WV.BAT    3
  UX Mollweide Composite IR     100-109      none        none    MOLL.BAT     3
  UY Mollweide Composite H2O    110-119      none        none        none     3
route.k: Done

So, I guess that pnga2area was stomping on ROUTE.SYS when entries for CA,
CB, ... CF were not found (bad).  I will have to verify this by looking at my
code.  Until then, you should be up and running.

Please let me know if the ROUTE.SYS corruption returns.

Tom