20000912: ldm-mcidas png2area decoder (final)

>From: Michael Voss <address@hidden>

Mike,

>Much thanks Tom!

No worries.

>I have a few things to digest here, but I wanted to answer your
>question about where I got the bad pqact entry. The short answer is I
>have no idea! Every example I look at now has the correct entry. I do
>know that I started to make the changes to pqact.conf back in July and
>I saved the file as pqact.png. Then, yesterday when I restarted my
>process of getting the PNG stuff going I started with that file...so
>it's safe to say I didn't get that bad entry recently, but I did get it
>at some point back in July because I never would have typed all that in
>:). But hey, thanks for finding my error!!

I am sure that you got it from me somehow.  I guess what I was looking
for was a verification that there is not a lingering problem in a
current ldm-mcidas-pqact.conf file.  The error was mine, but it was
"way back when".  I really should have spotted the problem before I
did, so I ended up doing more work than seemed necessary. I did,
however, find out some interesting things about your setup.  Also, the
errors in pqact were real, so those actions were most likely not
working as you wanted.  (Looking for positives in the massive wheel
spinning :-)

Your stockpile of images should be back uptodate sometime tomorrow (or
the day after tomorrow for the global Mollweide images).

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

>later,

Ditto.

Tom