20030531: ldm-mcidas decoding of Unidata-Wisconsin images on Tru64 at USU (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Dan,

I traced down a couple of problems on climatemine:

- the ldm-mcidas decoder pnga2area was not updating the day and time
  information in the McIDAS routing table, ROUTE.SYS.  This was a bug
  in pnga2area which I have corrected on climatemine, but not (yet)
  in the ldm-mcidas distribution.

- the GOES-East/West images were not being composited and the
  topography/image composites were also not being created.  This
  appears to be a compilation but by your Fortran compiler.  The reason
  I think that it is a compiler problem is that I do not see the same
  problem on our Compaq OSF/1 5.1/Tru64 machine.

  I implemented a code mod that got around the Fortran bug and rebuilt
  the entire McIDAS-X/-XCD distribution on climatemine.  In order to do
  this without hitches, I had to edit ~mcidas/.cshrc and add
  /home/mcidas/bin to the 'path' definition and add defines for CC,
  CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, FC, FFLAGS, and CXX.  The mods were made according
  to the guidelines available in the Notes and Warnings section of the
  Installation and Configuration instructions for McIDAS-X v2002.

- while I was at it, I upgraded the LDM on climatemine to the latest
  offering, LDM-6.0.12.  I am hoping you will upgrade allegan.gis
  to this same distribution on Monday.

As far as I can tell, things are now working correctly on climatemine.
I am concerned about the comment you made in an earlier email about
a number of things not working, so please let me know if there were
other things that I needed to look at.

>From address@hidden Mon Jun  2 14:08:22 2003

Hi
   I checked everything out - and as usual, your magic
fingers have things working. I really appreciate your time
and effort on this one, It would have been tough for me
to track this back to a compiler problem - again Thanks!!
I'll attempt to get even at the end of this month when I'm
back there.

Dan
P.S. allegan will be fixed just as soon as I'm done with
     the database issues!