20040503: ldm-mcidas problems using McIDAS SCHEMA

>From: address@hidden

Hi Adam,

>I am getting alot of broken pipe errors in my ldmd.log file.  I have traced
>them to the ldm-mcidas decoders.  It keeps saying that headers are missing
>from the SCHEMA? file ro something to that effect.  Any chance that you guys
>could poke around on cyclone.geos.ulm.edu and see what is wrong.  I have been
>plugging on it all morring and I have ran out of time for a while.  Thanks

I probably don't have to get on cyclone.  The ldm-mcidas FSL2 and
NLDN decoders need information from the McIDAS file 'SCHEMA' to create
output data files in MD format.  What you need to do is:

1) check your ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf file for entries for 'proftomd' and
   'nldn2md' to find out where they are being told to create their
   output.  The output directory is typically the same for both, and
   is typically ~ldm/data/mcidas.

2) cd to the output directory you found in 1) and see if SCHEMA, ROUTE.SYS,
   and SYSKEY.TAB exist there AND are non-zero in length

3) if any of the above files don't exist in the output directory, or have
   length zero, do the following for the file(s) that is(are) missing/bad:

   cp ~mcidas/data/SCHEMA .
   chmod 664 SCHEMA

   -- and/or --

   cp ~mcidas/data/SYSKEY.TAB .
   chmod 664 SYSKEY.TAB

   -- and/or --

   cp ~mcidas/workdata/ROUTE.SYS .
   chmod 664 ROUTE.SYS

Please let me know if this does not get you going again.