20041007: 20041007: ldm-mcidas "proftomd" decoder

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hi Hsie,

>Do we have a new ldm-mcidas decoder package (ldm-mcidas-2004?).  I do not see
>any new decoder in the anonymous ftp site.

Not yet.  Because of a series of projects that had more urgency than
cutting a new ldm-mcidas release, I have been unable to spend the time
creating binary distributions of the 2004 version of ldm-mcidas.  I
have, however, been running the new version under Linux since our last
email exchange on the excessive sizes of Unidata-Wisconsin imagery
decoded using the McIDAS routing table concepts.  The fix I speculated
about then does, in fact, fix the size problem.

I will attempt to get ldm-mcidas binaries out there sometime next
week, but we are in the midst of preparing for the upcoming series
of training workhops we are holding here at the UPC.