20051128: some AREA file not being updated

>From: Myron Kowalski <address@hidden>

Hi Myron,

Long time no hear!!!

>I have 137 AREA files that are not being updated, but I have 179
>that are being updated. Here's the line from pqact.conf that
>should be doing the job (I think).
>
>MCIDAS  ^pnga2area Q. (..) (.*) (.*) (.*) (.*) (........) (....)
>        PIPE    -close
>        pnga2area -v
>        -a /users/ldm/etc/SATANNOT
>        -b /users/ldm/etc/SATBAND
>        -d /mcidasdata/mcidas -r \1,\2
>
>I only look at mcidas every few years so I'm clueless about
>how to fix it when something goes wrong. Any help would be
>appreciated.

It would be alot more efficient for me to get a login to the Moravian
machine that is running the LDM and McIDAS so I can look at your setup
(instead of conducting a multi-email question and answer interaction).
As far as I can tell, McIDAS and probably the LDM and ldm-mcidas
(decoders for the IDD UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) datastream have not been
updated in a long time.  It is most likely time to do an upgrade of all
three packages.

If you would like me to login to look around, please send the passwords
for the 'mcidas' and 'ldm' accounts on your machine to my private email
address while _not_ mentioning the account or machine name.  Send the
fully qualified name of your machine in a separate email to Unidata
User Support.  Thanks.