[ldmMcidas #BVI-188440]: ldm-mcidas binaries for Solaris x86

Hi Robert,

re:
> I noticed there are no Solaris x86 ldm-mcidas v2004 binaries available
> on the Unidata download page.  Are these possibly available somewhere
> else?

Unfortunately, no.   I will be releasing ldm-mcidas v2006 coming up "relatively"
soon, and I will be creating binary distributions for the most popular
operating systems.

The package is built from source easily enough, however.  All you need to
do is make sure that McIDAS is built/installed on your system and then
define needed environment variables.  For example:

VARIABLE     DESCRIPTION                EXAMPLE
--------     -------                    -------
CPP_LDM      LDM header                 -I/home/ldm/include
LD_LDM       LDM library                -L/home/ldm/lib -lldm
CPP_MCIDAS   McIDAS headers             -I/home/mcidas/inc
CPP_NETCDF   netCDF header              -I/home/mcidas/include
LD_NETCDF    netCDF library             -L/home/mcidas/lib -lnetcdf

Depending on your operating system, you might also need to define LD_MATH
and LD_X11.  For example:

LD_MATH      math library               -lm
LD_X11       X windows library          -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11

Here are the environment variables I define when I build ldm-mcidas on
my home Fedora Core 6 development system:

CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-O
CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran
LD_NETCDF=-L/home/mcidas/lib -lnetcdf
CPP_NETCDF=-I/home/mcidas/include
LD_X11=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
CPP_LDM=-I/home/ldm/include
LD_LDM=-L/home/ldm/lib -lldm
LD_MATH=-lm
F90=
CXX=
FC=g77
FFLAGS=-O -Wuninitialized -fno-automatic -ff90-intrinsics-hide
CPP_MCIDAS=-I/home/mcidas/inc
LD_MCIDAS='-L/home/mcidas/lib -lmcidas'
FTPDIR=/home/mcidas/ftp

I hope that this helps...