[ldmMcidas #PTY-212318]: No binaries created in ldm-mcidas installation

Hi Mike,

I am now able to SSH to uila.soest.hawaii.edu.  I
don't imagine that you did anything since I sent the
note on Saturday, so I will chalk this one up to
"the unknown".

I downloaded a new, test ldm-mcidas distribution,
v2008, this morning and am now working my way through
getting things running on uila.  I am able to build
the ldm-mcidas decoders that do not depend on McIDAS
or netCDF being installed.

Questions:

- which ldm-mcidas decoders do you want to use?

  Given that you do not have McIDAS installed on uila,
  I am assuming that the most likely decoders for your
  setup would be:

  pnga2area  <- "decode" png-compressed UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) images
  zlibg2gini <- "decode" zlib-compressed NIMAGE images

  If these are all that you need, then they should be
  available now.  If you need the McIDAS lightning decoders
  'lgt2md' and 'nldn2md', then some more work is needed.

- is the ~ldm directory on an NFS-mounted file system?

Please let me know which ldm-mcidas decoders you are aiming to
use...

Ticket ID: PTY-212318
Department: Support ldm-mcidas