[ldmMcidas #TMZ-781650]: ldm-mcidas problem

Hi Mark,

re:
> I downloaded and installed the binary for x86-64.  Thank you.

No worries.

By the way, I was able to build ldm-mcidas-2008 on my CentOS 6.2 x86_64 VMware
virtual machine (Windows 7 is the host OS).  One hiccup I ran into was the
version
of cfortran.h included in ldm-mcidas-2008 does not recognize the CentOS 6.2
system.
To get around this, I replaced the packages cfortran.h (which is located in
~/ldm-mcidas-6.8.1/src/port/cfortran) with the one that is included in
the McIDAS v2009i distribution I just made available on Saturday evening
(cfortran.h
from that distribution is located in ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/fortran).

I will be updating the ldm-mcidas package "soon" (timeframe not yet determined)
include the new cfortran.h file.

Here are the environment variable definitions I used to build the ldm-mcidas
package:

Bash syntax:

# For ldm-mcidas builds
CC=gcc
FC=gfortran
CPP_MCIDAS='-I/home/mcidas/mcidas2009/src'
LD_MCIDAS='-L/home/mcidas/lib -lmcidas'
CPP_NETCDF='-I/home/mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/libsrc'
LD_NETCDF='-L/home/mcidas/lib -lnetcdf'
LD_MATH='-lm'
LD_LDM='/home/ldm/lib/libldm.a /home/ldm/lib/libxml2.a'
LD_FORTRAN='-static -lf2c'
LD_X11=''

export CC FC CPP_MCIDAS LD_MCIDAS CPP_NETCDF LD_NETCDF LD_MATH LD_LDM
LD_FORTRAN LD_X11

Notes:

- the LDM version I was linking against is v6.10.1; this is what required me
  to included the libxml2.a library in LD_LDM.  Plus I specified
  libldm.a and libxml2.a so that the static versions of the libraries
  would be used in preference to the shared ones also built by LDM v6.10.x.

- the './configure && make' step went smoothly, and the executables created
  seem to work correctly

- the 'make install' step fails because of a mistake in the
ldm-mcidas/src/decode
  Makefile... it should not try to build nldn2md for the install (lgt2md is
  a direct replacement for 'nldn2nd', and it can process both NLDN and
  USPLN lightning data).

  This gotcha will be corrected in the new ldm-mcidas distribution.

I would not worry about building from source if I were you since you apparently
have working binaries now.  I just wanted to fulfil my promise to let you
know how my build test went in my CentOS 6.2 x96_64 environment.

Ticket ID: TMZ-781650
Department: Support ldm-mcidas