[ldmMcidas #QJV-927590]: decoding UNIWISC satellite imagery using the ldm-mcidas 'pnga2area' decoder

Hi Mike,

re:
> I had realized that after all said and done that I never added back
> GOES-West to our feed; I added them back into pqact.conf with the same
> style that we have for GOES-East, but I am not getting the data to
> process. I am getting messages such as:
>
> Sep 26 14:16:00 cumulus pqact[20232] ERROR: Deleting failed PIPE entry:
> pid=22167, cmd="-close pnga
> 2area -v1 /home/ldm/data/gempak/logs/dcsatwest.log -a
> /home/ldm/etc/SATANNOT -b /home/ldm/etc/SATBA
> ND /home/ldm/data/gempak/images/sat/goes15/4km/IR/IR_20120926_1800"
> [filel.c:290]

Hmm...

re:
> Is it possible that the fix you gave us for pnga2area only works with
> GOES-13? That would seem odd.....

No.

Since I still had the login information for your machine, I took the
liberty of logging in and poking around.  What I found was a hard-to-see
typo in the actions you added for the GOES-West images in the
Unidata-Wisconsin datastream (IDD feedtype UNIWISC aka MCIDAS).  The
typo was specifying '-v1' as a flag to 'pnga2area' when the flag should
have been '-vl'.

In case you find this as hard to discern as I did, the typo was

-vONE

instead of:

-vELL

I made the change for you in ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf and then sent a HUP
signal to the LDM 'pqact' instance using:

ldmadmin pqactcheck
ldmadmin pqactHUP

The timing of the change to pqact.conf was opportune for me because
right after making the change some GOES-West (GOES-15) imagery came
in the UNIWISC datastream, and the images were correctly processed
by 'pnga2area'.

Ticket ID: QJV-927590
Department: Support ldm-mcidas