[ldmMcidas #BWH-266222]: LDM-McIDAS Decoder

Hi Keith,

re:
> Where would I be able to find the LDM-McIDAS decoder with ping2area,
> the links on the website are throwing out a 404 error.

Thanks for reporting the problem; I will look into it.

In the meantime, you can FTP the ldm-mcidas source package as
follows:

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your_email_address
  cd pub/ldm-mcidas
  binary
  get ldm-mcidas-2012.tar.gz
  quit

The key to building the ldm-mcidas decoders is to setup
needed environment variables correctly/fully and to have
already built netCDF.

Question:

- what do you plan to use the ldm-mcidas decoders for?

  I as because if you will be using GEMPAK, you do not
  have to uncompress the images that come from the
  Unidata-Wisconsin datastream before use.  GEMPAK,
  McIDAS and the IDV understand the images directly.

Ticket ID: BWH-266222
Department: Support ldm-mcidas