19990105: MRF, etc

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Hi Tony-

>Happy New Year.  Last time  I talked to you you were headed to FL.  Hope
>it was a good trip.

Same back to you.  I hit Florida at the right time.  Left DIA at 4 degrees,
hit Tampa at 80.  Missed all the cold here (thankfully).  Hope you had
a good holiday.

>Couple of things:
>
>I'm still waiting for the bookstore to get my copy of Motif.  They
>have RH Linux, so when I have both, I'll give you a call.

Okay, I'll wait to hear from you.  I saw an ad for BestBuy on Sunday
in the Post that had RH Linux 5.2 for $19.99.  Tell your bookstore
they have to meet that price!

>I checked wxbox and noticed I still don't have the MRF available in
>GARP.  The other models are in but not the MRF.  What am I doing wrong ?

I looked at your ldmd.conf file.  The line for HRS is:

request HRS "(^H)|(^[YZ].[^AHIJNRTU].*/m[^R])|(^Y.A...KWBH)" cirrus.al.noaa.gov

there should be a space between the . and the K in the last group:

request HRS "(^H)|(^[YZ].[^AHIJNRTU].*/m[^R])|(^Y.A... KWBH)" cirrus.al.noaa.gov

so that it matches the TTAAii NNNN format of a WMO header.  Make that change
and then restart the LDM and you should see the MRF data flow in the next
time it is sent.

>I finally heard from NSF on the disbursement of funds.  Sounds like things
>should start to get moving.

Great.  Always fun to start a new year by spending money!

Talk to you soon.

Don