Re: 19990120: Compling LDM

Hiya,

There are 2 things about the install:

- the ldm.tar.Z should be unpacked in the ldm home directory. Not in the
  ~ldm/ldm-5.0 directory.  This way the old installation doesn't get
   overwirtten. I think you probably did it correctly.

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >cc: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden
> >Subject: Compling LDM
>
> Greetings:
>
> Thanks for your answers regarding the versions of LDM.
>
> I downloaded ldm.tar.Z and proceeded through the steps as outlined in
> the manual.  Everything seemed to be ok until I got the step where I
> entered "ldmadmin stop" prior to changing the value of "runtime".
>
> I got the message:
>
> Literal @HOSTNAME now requires backslash at ./ldmadmin line 62, within string
> Execution of ./ldmadmin aborted due to compilation errors.

This error about the @HOSTNAME@, one needs to edit ldmadmin and replace
@HOSTNAME@ with the hostname of the machine.  There are online source
install instructions that covers this issue.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmSourceInstallList.html#s7

Actually, I would review the whole document as a sanity check.

Robb...