19990120: LDM help

>From: James Ireland <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I rechecked ~LDM/data directory, yes I have all the correct permissions.
>However, ~LDM/data is actually a link to /var/data/ldm, is this correct. I
>thought that was how the setup instructions indicated I was supposed to do it.
>The directory /var/data/ldm has the correct permissions.
>
>Could any of this be attributed to PERL5?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>James Ireland

James,
there isn't anything different in the queue creation between the
version 5.0.5 and 5.0.6, so what worked before should still work.

You may need to check on the path to perl. The ldmadmin perl
script has a path for executing the perl shell on the first
line. Check to make sure this is correct, ie #/usr/local/bin/perl
or /opt/bin/perl, /bin/perl etc).

You can also verify that perl is executable by the ldm user.

You can create the ldm data queue without invoking the perl script
(to verify whether perl is the culprite) as follows:
prompt% pqcreate -s 35m -q /var/data/ldm/ldm.pq

The 35m says to make a 35MB queue. The -q option is the complete path
for the data queue according to your message above. If this succeeds,
then the LDMHOME variable in the ldmadmin script may not be correct,
or it still may be a permission problem with the directory structure.

If you are not allowed to invoke pqcreate, then you may not have execute
permission to the binaries, or the subdirectory they are installed in.

Steve Chiswell