19990129: lzo1c_2, radar feed using LDM

------- Forwarded Message

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden
>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: lzo1c_2

I picked lzo1c_2 as a compromise between compression and speed - but if the CPU
is not too loaded, there is no reason to go to higher compression.  However,
this would have to be coordinated between the ingestor and compressor.

What we may want to do is change either a byte in the data feed, or the data
header to indicate what compression is used to allow the correct decompression
algorithm to be used.  I want to change the headers anyway to match some
suggestions from Unidata.  Let's try to coordinate this.  I will do some
experiments on my end next week and then we can talk about the changes.

Have a good weekend.

--
Dr. Harry Edmon                 E-MAIL: address@hidden
(206) 543-0547                  FAX:    (206) 543-0308

From address@hidden  Fri Jan 29 15:21:56 1999
        by unidata.ucar.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id PAA10474;
        Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:21:56 -0700 (MST)
        by damp.atmos.washington.edu (8.9.1/8.9.1) id OAA26226;
        Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:21:55 -0800 (PST)