Re[5]: 19990114: Feed type for Nexrad level 2 data COMINGSOON/BLKDATA

Perhaps "NEXRAD" or even "RADAR" would be good.

"Glenn P. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
Harry:

> I never heard back from you on this.

Must have gotten missed in the flurry of correspondence.
See end of attached message.

> I am coordinating a change in the ingestor
> with the Oklahoma folks, and this would be a great time to make a change.
> Also, you had suggested the NMC2 feed type, but that is what Chiz
> is using for the feed from NCEP via GSFC. How about the NMC3 type?

My mistake. NMC3 is fine.

> And perhaps there should
> be a product ID in front of the station id in case we end up with more
> than one type of data. Perhaps it should be:
>
> L2/IIII/YYYYMMDDHHMMSS/nnn/mm[/E]

Sounds good.

In the next ldm release, we could rename NMC3 to something more descriptive.
Any suggestions for a better name?
Of course, we would keep NMC3 as an aliase.