19990301: One more question about AFOS PILs and the LDM...

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert-

>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Unidata Support wrote:
>
>I should have said this was coming off the AFOS feed. D'oh!!!!!

An AFOS feed changes things abit.

>> If the date is weird, or missing, the LDM pattern matching will use the
>> current date if \:mmm is used.
>
>Hmmm. OK, I'll try this.,

I was a little off on this.  It will only work if there is a valid time.
However, you can use the strftime()-based time encoding to do what you want:

AFOS   ^MKCSWOMCD(.*)
        FILE severe.%b%d

should give you a file severe.Mar01 for a bulletin that was injected
today.

See page 37 of the LDM Site Manager's Guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/smg.html#15982

(Adding Dates to Filenames) for more information on this.

>> What circuit did this come from?
>
>AFOS.
>> a weather wire circuit.  What pattern are you using to save this example?
>
>AFOS   ^MKCSWOMCD(.*)
>
>(Note, no [0-9] stuff at the end. No date, it doesn't like it when you put
>those in, and it won't capture it.)

Okay, I understand now.  Try the strftime() formatting and see if that
gets you what you want.

Sorry for the prior misinformation.  I learned something in the process.

Don Murray