19990304: access information for LDM, netCDF, GEMPAK, McIDAS-X

>From: address@hidden

>Hi Steve:
>   I think this is the information that you requested:
>     You should be able to access our system by: telnet xxxxxxxxxxx
>     The root password is: xxxxxxxxxxx
>     The username is: xxxxxxxxxxx
>     The password is: xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>As far as I know there have been no logins created for GEMPAK nor McIDAS
>software.  There is some stuff that the person from Information Services has
>ftp'd from there, but I am not sure what.  If any more information is needed
>please email me.
>                               Thanks, Len

Len,

We were able to log in to your system using the user account information
you provided, however, we cannot log in as root from outside your system
and the user account is not permitted to become root in the current
system configuration.

I did notice that an LDM account has been created, but was not able
to see what if any progress was made on that end since the file
permissions for the /usr/local/ldm directory prohibit all other users.

It appears that you have about 900MB of disk space available, which
is not very much if you are planning to use all packages. You may want
to consider more disk space.

What we need for you to do in order to allow the user account you provided
us to run the "su" command to become super user (aka root) is to
add the user account you provided us access to, to the "system" group users
in the /etc/group file on your system. This simply means adding the user
name to the system line seperated by a comma following root.

Steve Chiswell