19990310: climate reports

>From: address@hidden (Kathy Fryberger)

Kathy-

>I am trying to capture our local climo report for display on our Web page.
>I can see that gempak is capturing the CSUS2 KRAP just fine in its data
>directory.  But when I code my statement to capture this specifically from
>ldm, I never catch it.  Here is my code from my pqact.conf:
>
>WMO     ^CSUS2.* KRAP ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>        FILE    -overwrite -strip /fore/data/gempak/climo
>
>The tabs are correct.  I don't see error messages in the logs.  Would this
>have something to do with the fact that there are only 5 characters in the
>WMO header instead of 6 (like most of the WMO headers)?  How do I code this
>correctly to capture our local climo report?  thanks!!

A properly formatted WMO header is supposed to have 2 numbers as
part of the TTAAii portion.  Unfortunately, the US does not always
adhere to the proper formatting and thus sends out bulletins as
CSUS2 instead of CSUS02.   The LDM software takes improperly formatted
ii groups and pads them with a zero, so you should change your
pattern to be:

WMO     ^CSUS02 KRAP ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    -overwrite -strip /fore/data/gempak/climo

to get the report filed.   Some climate reports are sent out
as CSUS02 and some as CSUS2.  The LDM normalizes them all to
be CSUS02.

Don Murray