Re: request for data kills LDM

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Glenn P. Davis wrote:

> > I wrote to you about this bug a couple weeks ago.  The ldm starts up ok
> > and starts receiving data fine. But if a downstream tries to connect and
> > receive data, then the upstream ldm crashes on a signal 11. This is with
> > the 5.0.7.internal release.  I did a feedme from laraine to weather3 and
> > the ldm died. I was running the weather3 ldm in verbose and debug mode but
> > didn't get much more information. Here's the log messages from weather3.
> >
> > This is on a Linux system at NIU. I also received another report from the
> > NWS having the same problem, previous e-mail messages.
> >
> > Robb...
>

> Okay.
>
> Which version of LINUX?
Linux sunshine.unidata.ucar.edu 2.2.5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 30 11:45:14 MST 1999
i686 unknown

> Which version of LDM?

-rw-rw-r--   1 rkambic  ustaff    815721 Mar  2 11:17
/export/dist/ftp/pub/ldm5/ldm-5.0.7internal.tar.Z

I thought this was the latest code(release) ?

> If the LDM version is the one built here for LINUX, is the version of
> LINUX where it is being run _eariler_ than the one you built one?
> If so, it won't work.
>
> If it is the same or later than the one we have here, can you duplicate
> the problem on sunshine?

Yep, the ldm is compiled and located at: /tmp/ldm   It's currently running
and receiving DDPLUS from zero.  The ldmd.log.1 file contains a crash
similar to the one I sent yesterday. The crash was created when I did a
feedme on laraine to sunshine.  For some reason, I can't get the ldm to
dump core.  I have in my .cshrc:

limit coredumpsize 100M

still no core file.  I don't understand this. Anyhow, I would suggest
doing a feedme to sunshine and watch the results.

Robb...