makewhatis problems - ldm-5.0.7internal on RH5.2 (fwd)

This should be fixed in LDM release 5.0.7

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 08 Mar 1999 14:03:01 -0500
From: Walter Rogers <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: makewhatis problems - ldm-5.0.7internal on RH5.2

     Robb,

     At the point of running "make install" as user "ldm" there are still a
     few problems with RedHat 5.2 (and probably earlier versions).

     To get it to work:

     1. Added /usr/sbin to path in order to find "makewhatis"

     2. "permission denied" trying to execute "makewhatis" - fixed by
     setting execute bit for other users - chmod 755 makewhatis

     3. "cp: cannot create regular file ~ldm/ldm-5.0.7internalk/man/whatis"
     permission denied  -  fixed by running make install as root
     inadvertantly, then re-building "ldm".  I guess I could have handled
     building the whatis database as root separately from the install.

     FYI...

     I'll let you know of any other problems in next couple of hours. Other
     than that everything looks ok.

     Walt Rogers
     MIC  ZLA CWSU