Re: NOAAPort receivers and the idd

On Tue, 18 May 1999, William Noon wrote:

> Robb -- Thanks for the quick reply!  A couple of additional questions.
> > On Tue, 18 May 1999, William Noon wrote:
> >
> > > Robb -- Yep, the deadline for the grant snuck up on me and now I am
> > > scrambling to come up with a budget and proposal.  If you have a budget
> > > for a NOAAPort installation sitting around, I would _really_ appreciate
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Denise at SSEC sent me a quick note about their system but is out with
> > > a sick child today.  She will be checking on a 'unidata discount' and
> > > a list of parts manufacturers for the rest of the signal chain when she
> > > gets back in the office.
> >
> > Bill,
> >
> > Here's the scoop that I found.  The SSEC system, includes box, board and
> > wires with Unidata discount is $9600.  One would also need a demodulator
> > for the system, $2500, plus the dish.  I believe you already have the
> > dish, right.  That's about it.   Joanne Graham is please to hear that you
> > are doing the grant.
> >
> > RObb...

Bill,

> Would you need a demodulator per NOAAPort channel?

Yes, a demodulator/channel. Some companies build demodulators that can
handle more than one channel. Don't know background info.

 Is there a need to ingest
> more than channel 1 (GOES E or W)?

It seems one could get away with 2 currently. Channel 3 (NP) and channel 1
(GOES E)

 What about an LNB?
Yes, one for a C-band dish. According to Mike, the dish should be 4
meters.

Robb...