Re: 19990601: Linux LDM memory problem (fwd)

Robb,

 Would it be possible to insert a call to msync (perhaps
with MS_ASYNC set) after each queue entry modification
so that writes are scheduled as changes are made?  I'd
be happy to experiment, but I wasn't sure where such a
call should be inserted in the code.

 I noticed msync is called in pq.c if USE_MSYNC is defined
but that appears to only be called when closing out the queue.
Defining it had no useful effect.

 David Wojtowicz, Research Programmer/Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: address@hidden  phone: (217)333-8390