Re: 19990628: LDM start problem

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: "Thomas L. Mote" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: LDM start problem
>

> Sorry to bombard you folks with questions lately, but
> here's another...
>
> I just upgraded from LDM 5.0.5 to 5.0.8. (I built it on
> a SPARC 20 running a patched Solaris 2.5.1 using the SC 3.0
> compliers.)
>
> I have noticed that when I do an ldmadmin start, it just
> hangs.

Tom,

This is the first I heard of any problems with 5.0.8 on a sparc-20. Has
anything else changed before you install 5.0.8?   The main difference is
that we are running 5.7 Solaris. The 2.5.1 release had many problems with
the LDM.

I can go to another window and do an ldmadmin watch
> and see the data coming in. The data is being processed and
> saved. However, if I do an ldmadmin ps, it tells me no LDM
> is running. It seems to be bombing periodically as well.

It seem that not all ldm processes are being started.
When you try to start the ldm and it hangs, try these commands in another
window.  What's the output?

% ldmadmin isrunning
% echo $status

It should be 0