19990701: ldmd.log question

>From: Carl Sinclair <address@hidden>

Carl,

>I'm having some messages in my ldmd.log file that will make the file very large
>very quickly.  Take a look at these messages:
>
>Jul 01 21:07:50 ix pqing_nexrad[4484]: Deleting oldest to make space 14200 byt
> es
>Jul 01 21:07:58 ix pqing_nexrad[4484]: Deleting oldest to make space 17696 byt
> es
>Jul 01 21:07:58 ix pqing_nexrad[4482]: Deleting oldest to make space 23360 byt
> es

>What can I do to turn these messages off?

What you want to do is make your LDM queue larger.  These messages are
telling you that products are being deleted out of the queue in order
to make space for new products coming in.  You need to guage how bad
the queue space shortage is and add this amount plus a buffer to get a
new queue size.  You should then edit ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin and change the
queue size in $pq_size to the new value; stop the LDM; delete the
queue; run ldmadmin to make the new, larger queue; and then restart the
LDM:

<login as ldm>
ldmadmin stop
cd bin