1999716: 19990715: McIDAS-XCD options (cont.)

>From: "Earle A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle-

>Unfortunately, there is one other small problem. With all that data flowing
>through the Sun (a mere 8-year old IPC) it crashes about every hour and
>reboots iitself. The message it shows is something like:
>
>assertion failed  ld->1_xxx! Grant_lock_flag, file: ../../ufs/ufs_lockf.c,
>line 995
>
>Does that mean anything, or is the machine just not able to keep up?

What version of the LDM are you running?  Did you implement the filter
last December to tone down the amount of data being fed to you once
the FOS feeds switched over to NOAAPort?  If not, implementing that should
cut down on the amount of data you are getting.  You should change the
request line in your pqact.conf to be:

request UNIDATA "(^[A-OQ-X])|(^[YZ].[^AHIJRU])" <upstream site>

>I plan to get a new machine, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Alternatively, you could bypass your Sun and feed the OS/2 system directly
from the upstream sites (after requesting them to allow you access).
McIDAS-XCD for OS2 already has the appropriate filters implemented.

Don Murray