Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:56:08 -0600
From: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: CONDUIT latencies (fwd)

Robb,

>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:39:00 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: CONDUIT latencies (fwd)

In the above message, you quoted the following:

> What do you think of this solution for the Linux mmap file problem?
> I'm going to step out on a limb and say I've found a software
> fix to this problem.   Defining _MAPRGNS when compiling seems
> to change this troublesome behaviour completely.

According to the autoconf macros in the file "aclocal.m4", this is one
of the things the configure-script sets when on an AIX system---and
it's been that whay since day 1 of LDM5.  Apparently, there were
memory-mapping problems on that system as well and Glenn accounted for
them.

I say do it.

--------