Re: Alden LDM Feed on NOAAPORT

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Roland Blanchard wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> I have configured our nport2 machine to output DDPLUS, IDS and HDS data. So
> far the testing has
> gone well for all data type WMO. Unfortunately the testing for the HDS feed
> is not going as well.
>
> The last notes I have state pqcat was modified to add the Alden HDS style
> checksum by using
> the -a argument.
>
> On nport2 my command line appears as follows:
>
> pqcat -o 0 -i 15 -f HRS -a -s /home/ldm/etc/hds.sw /dev/term/i1c
>
> Data is being transmitted out the serial port but our decoding programs are
>
> unable to recognize the format. I tried our decoder program on the current
> HDS feed from our
> existing broadcast and the decoding worked fine.
>
> Do you have any suggestions or tests that I might perform to verify proper
> checksum generation?

Roland,

I didn't think the serial port should have a checksum. The LDM pqing was
the program that added the checksum to the product structure. The LDM
doesn't change the original product, it inserts it into an LDM product
structure. Maybe I'm confused here because I wasn't in on the design. I
thought the serial port should minic the serial port that the LDM was
going to read from with pqing like the original configuration.  Also,
could you tell me the format your decoders are expecting on the the serial
port?  There's probably a change needed in the pqact file, I'm starting to
look into it.

Robb...