Re: Beware, beware!

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After a TON of searching, debugging, throwing everything into verbose mode
> on my LDM, I have just figured out why my data feed as been out much of
> the day. First, my apologies to my downstream sites.
>
> FSL is sending some files with bizarre names and my pqact is choking
> on it, giving a "signal 11" error (that's the equivalent of a segmentation
> fault). My backup machine, which is running 5.0.7, apparently doesn't
> give a rip about these files and saves them without error. For now, I have
> turned off the FSL entries in my pqact (but my downstream sites should
> still be getting FSL2 just fine). If you are having your LDM die,
> and are running 5.0.8, that may be the reason. I will now ask the powers
> that be why they are sending these files across the FSL feed (twice the
> normal size of the hourly and six minute stuff), and why only 5.0.8 is
> choking on it.

Gilbert,

Good work, 5.0.8 has the native system regular expression package verses
the regular expression package that use to be included with the LDM.
Therefore you could be the only one seeing this problem, maybe not. Could
you send an example pqact entry the causes the signal 11?  Also you
mention the product name, can you send that also.  There are probably 2
solutions,

- fix the bug in pqact

I also wonder if this bug is only on Linux?

Robb...

These have the names of "Net.CD" in them. I haven't seen