Re: NOAAPORT dish

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Jeff Masters wrote:

>   Hi Robb, we just got our NOAAPORT dish from Alden installed and sending
> data. I haven't monkeyed with the software they gave us to ingest the data
> yet, my coworkers in California have the docs, they say that the software
> is some sort of McIDAS stuff (/opt/nport/bin/inge). It seems Alden did not

Jeff,

It's not MCIDAS, but it's the SSEC NOAAport system. This system writes to
FIFO's in the /tmp dirs. The LDM configuration is simple, install a
standard LDM and then add a couple lines to read the FIFO's. Here's the 2
lines that we added to our ldmd.conf file on the NOAAport machine.

exec    "pqing -f IDS|DDPLUS /tmp/jmb.fifo.1"
exec    "pqing -f HRS /tmp/jmb.fifo.2"

That's about it.

Sometimes if the FIFO are not read from they get confused, so you might
have to do:

% /opt/nport/bin/inge stop
% /opt/nport/bin/inge start

To get it going initially.