Re: 19990819: E-mailing Station ID question

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: "Unidata Support" <address@hidden>
> >From: "Collin Daly" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: E-mailing Station ID question
>
> Hello,
>     I've got a small formatting question.  I'm attempting at
> automattcally e-mailing our customer service center a particular
> bulletin.  I would like the subject line of the e-mail to read the
> product ID and the station ID.  For example:
>
> NOUS61  KBOS
>
> Here is the entry in my pqact.conf:
>
> ANY    ^(NOUS42|NOUS^[1-9])    (K*)    PIPE -strip -close
> /usr/ucb/mail -s    "\1\2" address@hidden

Colin,

K* means zero or more K's,  change (K*) to (K...) and you should get the
results that you want.  I believe all stations are 4 chars.  Also you have
a ^  before the [1-9], you don't want that either.

ANY    ^(NOUS42|NOUS[1-9]) (K...)    PIPE -strip -close

If you just want the NOUS42 report then it should be:

ANY    ^(NOUS42) (K...)    PIPE -strip -close

Robb...