Re: 19990901: Getting gdbm to work

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Getting gdbm to work
>
> Hi...
>
> I've installed ldm 5.0.8 and am trying to get gdbm to work as it did
> before...  I originally had the library installed under /opt/local but the
> ldm didn't seem to find gdbm.h there... I tried the default /usr/local
> with the same results.  In both cases, the ldm built, but when it ran, it
> gave errors like:

Art,

I also encountered some difficulty with GDBM.  Here's the steps I took to
make it work on solaris 5.6 using csh.

I used the gdbm-1.7.3.tar.gz distribution from ftp ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdbm

% setenv GDBMLIB -lgdbm

-made sure the libgdbm.a was in the path of the  LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable

-made sure the gdbm.h was in the path of CPPFLAGS, with the -I option, ie

% setenv CPPFLAGS -I/local/gnu/gdbm-1.7.3

rm config.cache   config.log     config.status

% ./configure

% make install

% sudo make install_setuids

Hope this helps,