RE: FW: HRS Software (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:41:56 -0600
From: Ben Domenico <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>, Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: FW: HRS Software

Robb,

I'm not sure I understand all the components of the situation.  See if
this is an accurate representation.

With the "standard" ldm that our community users, a modification to
their decoders has taken care of the problem.  You recommended that
Alden have their customers do that.

However, my recollection is that Glenn wrote some additional specialized
code that feeds the data into their old satellite distribution system in
the form that existed before the switch to NOAAPORT.  In this case, we
have no idea what is running at the other end, right?  So there may not
even be "decoders" as we know them.  But either Glenn's special code or
whatever Alden's users have at the other end has to change as the
datastream evolves.  And this is the crux of the "resource sink."  Is
that about it?

If so, we may need to bring Dave into this since we need to know what
our ongoing commitment to Alden is.

--Ben

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
=======