Re: 19990901: pqing conflict

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Chad Johnson wrote:

> Robb Kambic wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > A couple days ago I had a problem regarding an error with pqing. The
> > > recommended
> > > solution was to increase the product queue by 20%. I increased the size
> > > of the
> > > product queue and the same error occurred again this afternoon. The only
> > > data
> > > getting stuffed into the product queue is NWSTG from NOAAPORT. My queue
> > > size
> > > currently stands at 144 MB. Is there a recommended queue size for
> > > ingesting
> > > NOAAPORT data? I suppose I could bump it up to say 200MB. Also, where do
> > > you
> >
> > Chad,
> >
> > I wondering if you are getting some of the nexrad data now on the NOAAport
> > system. I have a filter to exclude that data but it was recently modified
> > because of loophole. Here's new the filter:
> >
> > "(^[A-RT-Z]|^S[^D]|^SD..[0-8]|^SD..9[^7])"
> >
> > The filter should be on the request line to the alden nport machine as
> > well as your local one.
>
> Robb,
>
> I've made the modifications to the request line to Alden, but how do I do it
> for
> the local system? I'm assuming it would go in the pqing invocation, but I
> don't
> know the syntax. Looking at the man page for pqing didn't help.

Chad,

You can't use the filter on the ingest machine, it's only used in the
request statements. At UPC the ingest machine feeds thelma, the main IDD
distribution machine. Thelma has the filter on the request lines to dusk
and desi. Anyone feeding directly off of dusk will get the full NOAAport
feed unless then have the filter in place.  Kinda of a short coming in the
LDM design. Nobody expected to need a filter because of the amount of data
when the LDM was designed.

Robb...