19990915: LDM question

>From: Natalie Anderson <address@hidden>

>My name is Natalie Anderson, I work upstairs from you at UNAVCO.
>I attended the LDM class last month, and have since implemented
>it on a machine to receive GPS data from the Univ. of Utah.
>
>The machine has been turned off for a few days, and now that
>it's back up, I would like to get caught up with data in the
>U of U queue.  When I started LDM today, I only got the most
>recent files.  Is there a way I can get caught up with what
>I missed that's still in their queue?  If so, would I end up
>getting any redundant data?
>
>I know the machine was shutdown sometime around 4:00 pm on Monday,
>and it is now receiving current data from Utah.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-natalie
>
>--
>Natalie Anderson
>UNAVCO
>3300 Mitchell Lane
>Boulder, CO 80301  USA
>address@hidden
>303-497-8004
>http://www.unavco.ucar.edu/

Natalie,
The default rpc.ldmd startup from the ldmadmin script assumes a
-o 3600 (3600 seconds = 1 hour) period for which to
resquest data from. If you wanted to assume you would ask for data from the
past 1 week for example, you would want: -o 604800.

If you search for the rpc.ldmd command in the ldmadmin script, you can modify
the command to add the -o flag with your required offset. If you are launching
rpc.ldmd from the command line, then you can enter that parameter there.

If you have data in your queue, you will not receive duplicate products.
The MD5 checksum for the product is compared against what you have in your
queue,
and the data product is only sent if you don't have the match.

Steve Chiswell