19990919: I want to keep LDM messages out of my 'messages' file! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:17:42 -0600
From: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
To: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
Subject: 19990919: I want to keep LDM messages out of my 'messages' file!

Gilbert,

You should have the local0.none log command on your
/var/log/messages line in your syslog.conf file. This should
be shown in the LDM setup information.

Use local0.debug for your ldm logging to ldmd.log. Since your
/var/adm/messages and/or /dev/console lines in /etc/syslog.conf
probably have a *.err or *.warn, you need to tell syslog
to exclude the local0 logging with the local0.none entry.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support