Re: 19990917: machine name change for desi?

Celia,

On Sep 17, 11:06am, Unidata Support wrote:
> Subject: 19990917: machine name change for desi?
> >To: address@hidden
> >cc: address@hidden (Celia Chen),
> >cc: address@hidden (Peter Neilley)
> >From: address@hidden (Celia Chen)
> >Subject: machine name change for desi?
>
> It looks like the NOAAPORT machine desi has been renamed or
> switched to noaaport recently.  Is it correct?

No, the system desi (alias noaaport) has been the same name and
alias since May.

> I was getting messages indicating that the data was not coming
> in from desi last weekend and earlier this week.  Without
> permission to access the NOAAPOER machine I was unable to verify
> the source of the problem.  Please provide me with the necessary
> login information so I can access the NOAAPORT machine from
> time to time in order to better administrate the IITA data
> flow.

The LDM configuration on noaaport *does* have an allow line for
IITA and its IP address.  If you have reason to believe that the
LDM on noaaport is not functioning correctly, notify us.

mike