Re: 19991004: Setting Up LDM, Firewall

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Vic,

I'm a little confused about which is the upstream node, I'll assume it's
charon here. Here's what I would do to check the connections with ldmping
and notifyme.

From the nlmoc2 machine, do the following:

% ldmping -i 5 -h charon   (needs the fully qualified hostname for charon)
% notifyme -vl - -h charon   (same as above)

This will show if your configurations are correct.
Also, make sure your firewall is not set to turn off the portmapper look
ups with one of the commands, bind, rpcbind, portmapper, etc.  The LDM
needs to lookup the port the remote LDM is running on, default is 388

The upstream node needs to have an allow statements in the ldmd.conf for
the downstream nodes.

Robb...