19991005: deleting old data

Tom,
the scour script will not remove the directories, but is supposed
to remove data according to the time constraints for each file type in
the etc/scour.conf file.

Typicaly, the scour.conf file has a directoryname with optional
pattern and the number of days to keep. If no new data has been written
into the directory since the last time scour was run, nothing will be removed.
Data isn't removed if nothing new comes in to prevent the situation that
would occur if your LDM wasn't receiving data- yet you needed data for a
classroom lab etc.

In a directory that scour looks for data in, it will leave a ".scour"
file, so it will know if there are any files newer than .scour the next time
it runs.

If you can provide some more information about what old files are not being
deleted, I can try to analyze the situation. Please provide me with
the scour.conf configuration, as well as the output from "ls -R"
recursive listing of your data directory.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support