Re: WSI NIDS feed headers,

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Alan F Cunningham wrote:

> Robb-
> How do you change the hostname and LDMHOSTNAME that "ldmadmin config"
> displays?

Alan,

From the ldm home directory, edit  bin/ldmadmin with the line starting
with "$hostname = "

The LDMHOSTNAME is an environment variable that can be set in the c-shell
by:

% setenv LDMHOSTNAME <theNewHostName>

The can also be done in the .cshrc file.

I took the ldm machine off our school's network and do not have
> a DNS running?  If I can't change it, can I edit the hosts file on all the
> computers to alias 130.127.121.128 to sagth.clemson.edu?
>
> It would be simplest if I could change the ldmd configuration and set the
> two variables to 130.127.121.128...

One can do that but if the IP number changes then the files will have to
be edited again.

Alan, what  the scoop on the other department?

It's UPC policy to only feed one machine at a site, then others can feed
off of that machine.

Robb...